Wednesday, August 29, 2018

March 12, 2018: Baptism

Dear People,

My new companion and the new technology assistant is the beautiful, Kang Dawoon.

Before I met Elder Kang in the bus station, I was talking with a korean Elder who expressed how much he had wanted to become the technology assistant. A couple minutes later Elder Kang came expressing his exact opposite feelings and how he has absolutely no computer knowledge and doesn't understand how he can be of help.
Needless to say, he has been perfect for the job
I've never got along better with a companion. He is so humble, so mature, so focused. We complete each other's weaknesses very well: I have little to no sense of direction (physically or mentally). He already graduated with a degree in something related to travel and was a travel agent, so already has a incredible mental map of Daejeon. He is so good at planning and organizing priorities and saying "Elder Brown, shall we do that later and first do this?" (some obviously super important thing)
Tori sent me a picture of my baptism and I've been thinking about how at that time I knew nothing about what baptism was. I knew that it happened when you turn eight and you had to be really careful to not let your toe come up out of the water or you would have to do it again. 
I treated last sabbath like it was the day of my baptism. I was so excited. I knew that I had repented of my mistakes last week and would be completely clean. Baptism is wonderful.
I'm learning how to be a full-time missionary again. Elder Choi helped me realize my lack of vision. If we have a vision, we will never ask what the next step is. Every second will be precious.

Love,

Elder Brown
My last picture with (my beloved) Elder Choi


A gift from my nuna (Tori)




My desk (one of the reasons I haven't sent a group email for like a month) 
The first time I covenanted to follow Jesus Christ (I get to do this again every week)




The beautiful Kang Dawoon


​The mission's first video conference call that didn't leave everyone frustrated with technology


The beautiful Kang Dawoon


​A "Health cookie" which is actually a Choco-pie which is actually the opposite of a health cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment