Wednesday, August 29, 2018

July 10, 2018

Dear People,

Bishop's family invited us to dinner and we said we would look at our schedule and call back. We have a friend named Hyeran who we are about to start teaching and we remembered that she conveniently met and exchanged contact information with the bishop's wife at English class on Friday. So we called back:
"Hey remember Hyeran who you met at English class? Yeah we were wondering if she could come too!"
"Oh sure that would be fine!"
"Great, you have her number right?"
"Yes."
"How would it be if you invited her?"
"Oh. . . ok!"

Hyeran was able to come and it was the best thing ever. We felt like we were in the District.
#makingfriends

A couple weeks ago we delivered cookies and banana bread to a few people who lived on our floor. Doing that is not very normal in Korea but we are foreign and missionaries so we can get away with anything. Yesterday we got a knock on the door. It was the dad and son from the apartment right next door to us and they had brought us a quarter of a watermelon. That is the first time I've heard of that happening to missionaries in Korea. It was super cute and kind of a miracle because it was in the middle of the day when we usually wouldn't have been home.

I have been binge reading James Talmage's Jesus the Christ and am super regretting not reading it all earlier in my mission. It is so faith-building. The parables get taken apart with all the historical context. I have been such a Pharisee for so much of my life and mission. 
I have done better this week to keep my covenant to always remember Jesus Christ than I ever have. I know Him and love Him. There is no other path to peace or lasting happiness.

Elder Cragun just got his last transfer call and he is staying. He will be the third companion that I have sent home. It's ok though because it doesn't make me trunky.

Ooh also a missionary gave me his clarinet which I am really rusty at but I'll record something sometime

love,

Elder Brown
Some of my companion's sketches
Some of my companion's sketches


A macaroon icecream sandwich.

 Kind of like Kentucky-fried chicken but a little more gamey.

Gotta be healfhy

 Korea is pretty

 Korea is pretty

 Korea is pretty

Our neighbor's watermelon

I was tempted to cause a nuisance in this elevator but I saw this sign and changed my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment