Wednesday, August 29, 2018

June 5, 2018: Lost Dog

Dear People,

I'm so happy to be back in my first area, Gunsan. Everything is exactly how I left it including all the missionary garbage that builds up after a few years in missionary houses. It doesn't look like the house has been cleaned since I was here. I found some notes my trainer wrote on a window with a dry erase marker when he was teaching me a Korean principle. A year and a half ago. 

We had a big refreshing throw away everything party today and the house feels much bigger.

Elder Cragun and I already got to see a faith building miracle this Sunday. We were walking home from church and a clearly distressed high school age girl walked up to us holding a picture of a little white dog on her phone and asked if we had seen it. It had run away that morning. We said no but asked for her number in case we do see it because we walk around the area frequently. Then she walked away crying. We went off the road and Elder Cragun said a prayer asking that we could find the dog and if not that someone else would find it and return it. Then we kept walking home. Within a minute we ran into the other Elders and told them the story and to keep their eyes peeled.
They asked if they should help look around the area but we said:
"No you're fine, we'll find it on the way home." then started walking down a random street the opposite direction from our house. About ten seconds later we saw a little boy holding the little white dog.
We called the girl who came running. 

The Spirit was super strong from the minute we asked for her number. For some reason I had no doubt that we would find it.

The Spirit witnessed to me through my thoughts and feelings that that scene was not by chance but God's guidance.

I know God hears all my prayers even the super robotic meaningless ones. He answers all my fervent ones.

I bear this testimony in the name of Jesus Christ amen. 

Elder Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment