Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Week Sixty-Seven: "I know that guy, he tried his best."

January 16, 2018
Dear People,

President Monson's funeral was so inspiring. It strengthened my resolve to follow President Madsen's counsel of morning looking in the mirror and saying "I am a child of God" and every night "I did my best" for the rest of my life. The final song: "Weary Not" really hit as well. That's all God asks of us: to do our best until the end. 
There are so many mornings when I just want to lay on the heated floor for my workout but Tommy's example keeps me doing my push-ups. I've got no excuses.
I finished memorizing The Living Christ this week. It was a lot easier than I expected and next up is my patriarchal blessing. Then The Family: A Declaration to the World. Then The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. I'm stoked. That last one will be especially useful to have memorized.

I love Seonhwa, Chang-eun is still progressing and we have two new investigators. The church is still true. I love you.

Elder Brown

1. A member donated three pounds of butter and I'm investing it all in cookies.
3. This is just a roleplay and the rules of role play are that you can't judge or laugh. We are going to make a series of English class advertisement videos. We desperately need ideas as you can see.
4. In case you were wondering how we had access to such a professional film studio. Shout out to Fridgerator Studios for teaching me all I know.
5. Elder Tautaiolefue. He's not a native English speaker (he's from Australia) but he's helping us make English videos anyway.
6. My current Lds tools profile photo. I do not understand why that haircut is not in the approved missionary styles.








No comments:

Post a Comment