Wednesday, August 29, 2018

March 19, 2018: 나이가 많아서 믿어야돼요

Dear People,

Elder Kang is the greatest blessing in my life. It's reassuring to know that because he is old he knows everything. Our house often turns to him for answers to life questions like which foods cause cancer and what kind of plates you can put in the microwave.

Just like all my former loving companions he has already taught me so much about the baffling things I do. I had no idea how often I try to completely freehand important things like teaching appointments and mission-wide trainings. I also never realized how often I genuinely assume and expect people to read my mind. Sorry to everyone that I have ever interacted with ever.

Our mission finally started using an app called Kakao Talk. It's an insanely popular Korean messaging app that will bless missionary work in Korea forever. We are also about to start using Facebook as an advertising and finding tool.

My favorite scripture at the moment is Helaman 15:8-9 that describes the repentant people of Ammon:

"Therefore, as many as have come to this, ye know of yourselves are firm and steadfast in the faith, and in the thing wherewith they have been made free. 

And ye know also that they have buried their weapons of war, and they fear to take them up lest by any means they should sin; yea, ye can see that they fear to sin—for behold they will suffer themselves that they be trodden down and slain by their enemies, and will not lift their swords against them, and this because of their faith in Christ."

This scripture has been so meaningful to me because I finally know what that freedom means. Abandoning all sin and pride lets us grow. It lets us help others be happy. 
I have never more strictly followed commandments in my life, and resultantly I have never felt happier, more capable, or more in control of my life.

John 8:31-36:

". . . If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

". . . how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. 

The most terrifying thought is that someday part of my heart may allow darkness in again. 
That is the only thing worthy of fear. Everything else will be ok when we keep the commandments.

The church is true. I love you. 

Elder Brown


We are doing another ward baking activity. This time, Snickerdoodles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment